Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cold is always safe!



The other day while helping with an orientation session, a family member said one of their biggest fears was their son's ability to do the simple things in college....like laundry. Most of the crowd laughed at that, but it got me thinking back to my first year of college.

If I remember correctly, I made a quick trip home for the Labor Day weekend and all my dirty laundry came with me, so I avoided doing my own laundry for a bit. A week or two later, the moment arrived....I had a big old mesh bag full of clothes and I headed down to the laundry room. Luckily, my roommate gave me the advice of, "If you wash it in cold, you'll be safe." That was all I needed to know....and to this day I still follow that advice.

Sometimes the littlest new things in college can be the scariest, but there are plenty of people around to help out. Best of luck with all of your new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment